Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Our housesitter arrived!! Shellie- Ann and she's from Jamaica and she's nice! and sweet! and I hope we haven't overwhelmed her. Blue is a big dog and I've got a big mouth, but so far she's still smiling. We've found housesitters on the internet. In this case, Shellie's references come from couchsurfing.com. How cool is that? Traveling around the world, hopping from couch to couch as you go. For our trip to Sicily, I booked us in AirBnB - a site where people can list anything from a spare room to an apartment to a house for rent. Since the American dollar to Euro ratio is the same as the Canadian used to be to the U.S. (before 2008), I don't want to spend the same amount of money on hotels that I used to... or rather, I want to spend the same amount, I just don't want to add another 25%. I'm quite hopeful that the Air BnB places match their pictures. We won't have daily maid service, but I've learned to make my bed now that I'm 50...

No comments: