Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another What I Learned In School Today

Orbitz Travel Insurance - You have to OPT OUT.

I was filing away my paperwork from the flurry of purchases & planning from last night when I reviewed the policy I received in my email.

The policy didn't match the company I expected, nor did it match the charge. Now, I bought my policy through InsureMyTrip.com and thought they had a database error. No, in fact they don't have that policy at all.

If the email I rec'd when the policy arrived hadn't had actually stated something about orbitz.accessamerica, I would have had no idea what was going on because OF COURSE, Orbitz does not fully summarize all their charges when they send you the freakin' confirmation of your purchase.

It's great they have a low price guarantee, but turns out, the detail of this add'l travel insurance is on my itinerary IF I EXPAND THE FREAKIN - (minus) sign on some Add'l Charges thing. I thought "Taxes", not Travel Insurance.

I sent my complaint in FWIW (which is zilch)

No comments: