Sunday, August 1, 2010

Driving tour

It's looking like it's gonna be an 18 day driving tour through Romania, Bulgaria & the most Western tip of Turkey. Carpathian mountains, painted monastaries, the Valley of Roses, the Black Sea Coast spas which used to be the hang-out of the technocrati of the old Soviet Union, not to mention the Turkish spas with the silk bazaars.

I spent the weekend googling as much as I could to get my hyperlinks together.

This site, motoroads.com, has been the most helpful for car rental information - cross-border - for these E. European countries.

Romania's Tourism website is much better than Bulgaria's. The best train info I found was there.

I'm not setting an agenda yet. I've just been exploring my transportation options. This means learning my geography. I've set up my map for the trip if you're interested in how the itinerary will form up. My 2011 Turkey map.

No comments: