Wednesday, May 11, 2011

If this is wine country, I must be in Romania

It was dark by the time the car rental guy came to pick up Dave & I. Of course, the car started right up for him & he drove off. But it wasn't so dark that i couldn't read the "vinoteca" sogns along the way. Besides that i caught glimmers of rooftops and woodworked building facades of a type I've never seen before. We drove to Sinaia in the dark and I think I'm grateful as the curves were tight and the climb was steep. That means I couldn't see forever, and so the trip was made more pleasant for the fact that I was able to reduce my 'deal with phobia' count by at least two: fear of heights & fear of plunging off the cliff-side road into oblivion and exploding like a marshmallow tossed into the flames.

I really wantto get out of the hotel room and see where we've landed.

No comments: