Friday, March 6, 2009

March 1st - I think

I'm doing quickie posts - reverse date because too much time has passed & I'm forgetting things. It's been a week, I see, from my last post. Connections in Hanoi were "difficult". The internet "shop" was the bottom floor of one of the Hanoi tube houses. The keyboards were scary, at the last.

During one of these days, either the first or the 2nd, we were taken on what was supposed to be a half day outing to a pagoda. It was a Monday. We went to a silk factory first, then the pagoda. The silk factory still had some of the original looms set up & working - looms operating off of cardboard key codes - the original computer program! You know I was so into how the 1s & zeroes created the beautiful patterns. Pictures of the mechanism to follow.

The pagoda - I don't even remember its name.

No comments: